Thursday, April 22, 2010

SIDDHARTH-up ,close & personal!!

I started my blog with IPL,dance India dance & few more..but i have failed to introduce myself to my blog readers & followers..

Like many i am an ambitious guy..always thinking of new possibilities & avenues to spruce up my career...MBA & banking was not a matter of choice in the sense(i opted for the conventional route because MBA fetched jobs)!!even today i still have a strong urge to quit my job and follow my dreams..i always had this ambition of becoming a cartoonist ever since good sense had prevailed in me..which was when i was about 3-4 years..in my formative years i had picked up a pencil and drawn a front side view of a galloping horse much to the surprise of my parents & relatives..for a little boy who had not even learnt cursive writing, the strokes were more than ordinary!!

As time flew by i horned my skills, won many prizes, did my parents proud..the only times they were upset with me was when my academic reports were pressed into their hands with utter disgust by my teachers!! and to be honest that happened almost every year.

People within my family & outside thought i was a dud..i used to fare badly only in maths..but the truth is i never wanted to study.and when 1 sits idle in math class without paying attention..the basics just tend to fade and once that happens it is difficult to pull back things.

But things changed when i moved up the ladder to standard 10.I somehow managed to pull back things..i got a 76 in maths ( i thank my tutor for this..he was amazing).it was a complete makeover for a guy who used to score miserably..

*i remember before every math test my parents would spend sleepless nights & i would constantly ask my grandfather whether i would pass or not.


This restored some confidence in my parents & to my dismay i was asked to take up maths along with commerce..this time it was my tutor again..a different 1 who was a struggler and was trying to earn his livelihood.. Tutions were a source of income for him..he was far more dedicated than i was.It seemed as if he had to appear for exams.

I again surprised every 1 around for having solved some intriguing calculus sums in my 12th board..

* i remember my tutor telling me that he had never expected me to solve those problems and he could now be sure of his teaching abilities..i was his 1st student :)


As most Indians i loved outdoor sports specially cricket...i badly wanted to play cricket..& when time came i played it badly :)

But i have always worked hard to develop my skills in this game..till date i play cricket whenever i get a chance & then get back working on my weaknesses..Some may think i am being pompous..but the fact is i have improved in this game by leaps & bounds..

As a child i always loved dancing ...i only danced on occasions like Pujas at my apartment's community center..i would rehearse in front of the mirror endlessly..i still love dancing but now getting into the act with a hefty built that i have is going to cause serious problems..

I am a big foodie..my mother tells even when i was a toddler i used to finish my food and then crawl around and look at others plates..with empathy and love,i used to be fed with adult food

Thats about me as brief yet narrative as possible..someday i shall fulfill my dreams and would reminisce this post.

1 comment: