Friday, April 9, 2010

life in a metro!!

lt has almost been close to a year since i came to Bangalore!! On the 16th of June 2009 I stepped out of the Volvo bus and i was welcomed with a gust of cold air that slapped me across my face.I was thrilled and excited.Coming from Eastern India (Bhubaneshwar) and then boarding the bus from Chennai,Bangalore's weather was some kind of a blessing.

As time flew ,what seemed like a refreshing change turned stale.The roads,traffic,inaccessibility to good road side food started taking a toll on me..how much i miss kolkata!!

Not many people know that everyday despite trying hard to converse with whatever kannada i have gathered, i still have to gulp down some solvent which is a mixture of tea & coffee at my office..every time i burp..i get to feel the taste of this magic solvent coupled with chutney & sambhar ( i eat chapatis & sabzi that are left over from the previous night's dinner but normally i get up late so i take my breakfast at my office) ...talking about burping only seems pretty decent on a public forum ..doesnt it??

I had to thrive & live on meals for the 1st 8 months..ofcourse dinner was cooked at my place so that was a big relief:)a meal typically has chapthi, rice,rice & rice with 2 bowls of curry.

But i have to admit that people who originally belong to Karnataka are very helpful,kind and have a pleasant disposition!

The summer this time has been unkind & unforgiving.I am still waiting for the rains..I am told it rains when it becomes so hot here..

Bangalore has its own charm but lot of sheen is gone now..the pubs & discos close down at 11..ofcourse there are places where RAAT BAKI BAAT BAKI happens but such places are not affordable if my means are anything to go by.The best I can do is watch a night show and then hit the sack!

Life is hectic may be because i have to lead life with a routine. What is more dreadful to think is that i ll have to work in big cities to tap better & more opportunities..to more than compensate for the expenses i have borne towards my education..i will have to work ..god knows for how many more years..

Life in a metro is difficult but is equally rewarding..i am ready to take anything that comes my way on my chin and propel towards prosperity.I am not complaining and cribbing..it is just that at times my affinity towards comfort and luxury gets the better off me..

2 comments: